Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Collisions

Life has been a tease lately. It should be shunned. 

Every moment seems to be some sort of teaser that will lead to something utterly significant. The wait is agonizing; the space in between is suffocating. 

So many things and moments I've often daydreamed about are somehow all becoming reality. It's amazing, but I've always had the ability to imagine something and have it become real somehow. It's absurd, I can't explain it. There have always been strangers I've observed from apart and fantasized about... what would life be like with them in it? Will it be better? Worse? Intolerable? What role will they play in my next breakdown, moment of failure and depression? Will they make me happier? Are they just fillers? Are we to share an insignificant moment that will ironically define my life? Will I live differently? Will I become a different person? Did my last relationship end to make room for these people? Was my last ultimate low in life necessary to manipulate my perception of the world in order to better conect with these new people? If so, why? Why do I need to connect with these people? What does it all mean? Why does everything have to mean something, what's with humanity's obsession with significance?
Maybe it's just me.
Someone told me once that I overanalyze everything. They told me I should stop trying to make sense of everything; everything is just a passing moment. I find this person to be a dumbass. 
Why do collisions happen? Whenever I run into a person I don't know very well or avoid I think of the line from a Rites of Spring song; "thoughts collide without a sound". That's how I feel when I'm in proximity to these "strangers". Our thoughts collide without a sound. The lack of tangible interaction is replaced by something more profound; the silent collision of thoughts that will drive both of us to the edge of wonderment. Is that a word? 

I should post more pictures on here. Most of the time I'm lazy. "Images serve as truths while sound creates the lies". I guess it's kind of like how people lie to you but the look on their face says it all. 

No comments: